April 22, 2020
We understand that for some people, the pandemic is a real financial challenge. If cost is preventing you from participating, then please contact us. On the other hand, Heruka Buddhist Center also is affected. We appreciate, those of you not affected, if multiple people are watching one screen, if you would all register.
March 16, 2020
Starting Tuesday, March 17, at 6pm, all classes and meditations at Heruka Buddhist Center and it's branches will be held online.
We will still permit a small number audience attendees at the live classes at Heruka Center. Please contact us in advance if you wish to do this, as the number will be limited.
We will still offer chanted meditations open to the public (as these tend to have fewer attendees).
More details coming soon.
March 15, 2020
Following is our initial response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Our main goal during this crisis is to continue to provide a safe place of refuge for all visitors to our Center. Our ability to do this, greatly depends on all of us working together for this aim.
What we are doing for you:
- Providing sanitizers and antiseptic soap for your hands
- Enhancing our cleaning and disinfecting routine throughout our center, to provide safe surfaces
- Putting more space between chairs for social distancing
- Exploring ways we can provide remote access to classes, should this become necessary in the coming weeks
What you can do for us:
- Make use of sanitizers and antiseptic soap as deemed appropriate
- Reduce physical contact with others
- If you feel ill, please stay home
- Alert us if you have been at the Center recently and experience symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19
- Meditate and dedicate for the health and well-being of others – through healing our own minds, we can heal the world
Please continue to check back here for updates to our response.
Wishing you all good health and true happiness!